Monday, September 8, 2008

ESL Tutoring

My name is Heydi Correa-Encarnacion and I am an ACE (Advocate for Community Engagement) for Monroe County School's ESL Office. I am seeking volunteers who are interested in becoming a tutor for our program this semester. We are looking for individuals who are interested in serving the multicultural population of Bloomington by tutoring students in grades 1-12 who are learning English as a new language. It is a semester long commitment that requires 1-2 hours per week of service time. We offer a mandatory orientation/training session for the volunteers, a mid-semester reflection session, and resources to aid the volunteers in serving as a tutor to the best of their ability. If you know anyone in your organization who might be interested in serving for the fall, please e-mail me or visit my table at the Volunteer Opportunity tables at the Student Involvement Fair. My e-mail is heycorre@indiana.edu.Thanks)'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status='';">

No comments: